Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Ohio survived...

I'm happy to say that the State of Ohio survived the invasion of the Webster-women... Amanda, Jackie and I flew to Ohio to visit my sister, Caline, and attend the graduation from Kent State University of her oldest son, Trevor.

Caline lives in a beautiful, picturesque area of Ohio, not far from the college town of Mt. Vernon - home of Kenyon college. This area is rich with history. Being a history-buff, I was thrilled! Mt. Vernon's town square is lovely




and complete with it's own Civil War monument.



The countryside is full of rolling hills and lots of farmland. We even stopped at garden nursery on an Amish farm. It was really fascinating to see how well maintained these Amish farms are, and all without using what we consider the necessities of technology.



I even made a friend... This little "Brown Swiss" calf was so cute, I had to get her picture. She liked me so much, she tried to eat my camera strap for lunch.



Jackie and Amanda had fun hanging out with their cousin, Stephanie. They even helped decorate the cake for Trevor's graduation party.



Thankfully, Amanda left enough frosting for decorating...she's a frosting a-holic. haha



Graduation was great, and we are all SO proud of Trevor. He is the first of the grandkids to graduate from college. I know his Nana and Bonpa (my parents) would be so proud. Education was very important to them.



I'm sure Trevor is relieved this part of his education is over. Now he's getting ready to continue with graduate school where he will student teach music and work on his master's degree.



We are so happy we got to be there on this important day in Trevor's life. We made it back to Boise with minimal difficulties (someday I'll tell you about losing my driver's license in the Columbus airport...someday when I can laugh about it.). Next stop for us is getting settled in our house in Utah... Look out, Lehi...here come the Websters!

0 comments: