Wednesday, September 26, 2007

There's a feeling in the air...


...and that feeling is Fall! This is my favorite time of the year. Don't know if it's any one thing in particular, maybe a combination of many things. It's the crispness of the air, the play of light and shadows that changes with this season, the amazing colors, the anticipation for the coming seasons, or the last "hurrah" before the long cold of winter. Whatever it is, I LOVE Fall!!!



This weekend we took another trip up American Fork Canyon. This time it was to see the beautiful Fall colors. We weren't disappointed, to say the least. It was breath-taking. There were beautiful reds and aspen-gold, all in contrast with the deep green of the evergreens. WOW!

Kevin took this picture...it reminds me of the Robert Frost poem about the road in the woods. It's one of my favorite poems.


We took some fun family pictures, too. Amanda and Jackie each had a turn taking pictures of Mom and Dad. Too funny.

How Jackie got this one to come out clearly when she was gagging and saying "EEEYYYEEEW-GROSS!!" is beyond me! haha

Amanda took the camera and got this picture alright, in spite of the on-running commentary from her silly sister.


Needless to say, we had fun and the girls were typically silly. At least they didn't fall into the stream.




This outing definitely made us appreciate the beauty of this wonderful world Heavenly Father has created for us. Awe-inspired is a great description of how we felt.

1 comments:

Jamie Taylor said...

I love these pictures! And also the ones in the slideshow. When I first saw the slideshow, I thought they were professional. Then, I looked down and saw that you guys took them. Nice job! See you at piano in a couple hours!