Sunday, September 14, 2008

Supporting NieNie Recovery...

This week I received an email announcing a bake sale to raise funds for Stephanie and Christian Nielson's recovery fund. Since I have been anxiously looking for a way in which to contribute, I jumped at the chance. I emailed Jaryn McGrath, whose idea it was to have this bake sale; and she welcomed the help.

Yesterday morning, my kitchen was turned into a bakery and I got to work. I enlisted the help of the other house elves, and we produced quite a load of goodies to take over. Jaryn had a great display set up in her front yard and had a line of customers when we pulled up. We left our cookies, cupcakes and pumpkin bread in her capable hands and went home.

Today Jaryn emailed me to say that the bake-sale had earned $400.00 for the Nielson's recovery fund. I appreciate the opportunity to do something tangible to help this family whose lives have truly touched my heart.

Thanks to Jaryn for coming up with this idea, and allowing me to play a small part.

0 comments: