Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Independance Day!!!!!!!



One of the many things I remember fondly about my Dad was his ability to appreciate the beauty and wonder of the world around him. I am grateful that he passed that gift on to me. Today, as I drove home from Walmart, I took a moment to really look around me.

The sky was a brilliant robin's-egg blue, the fields were lush, green and thriving. I let my gaze wander and saw the magical play of light and shadow on the foot hills. Higher, the mountains are unusually green, with just a touch of snow remaining on the peaks. As I followed the winding road by the Jordan River, I was touched by the beauty of the sweeping trees that lined the road. Over all, I was swamped by a wave of gratitude to the One who created this lovely world in which we are blessed to live.

Of course, given what day tomorrow is, I thought of this wonderful land of freedom and opportunity in which we live. I think of those brave men and women who stood fast against tyranny and fought for the liberty that we enjoy today. My heart was full of thanks and humility.

So I say, with a full and grateful heart: God bless America!

0 comments: