Friday, June 18, 2010

It's early, but...

I won't be near a computer for Father's Day, so here it is.

I had a wonderful Daddy. He's been gone for 7 years, now. I miss him everyday. However, the lessons he taught me, and the love I felt from him stay with me everyday, too. It helps.


Now, I teach my children the things he taught me, and somehow it helps keep him close to all of us.

Dad taught us the value of hard work - if you're going to do a job, do it right the first time. (or he'd make you do it again and again and again! haha)

He taught the importance of integrity. Say what you mean and mean what you say. If you say you'll do something, do it. Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy, and "A man's (or woman's) word is his bond".

Dad taught me to love the Lord and live a good life. He taught me to love my country. He taught me to stand my ground by standing up for what was right and good. (Caline and Marc, feel free to jump in and add some stuff; I'm sure I missed a few)

Most of all, he gave me a strong foundation on which to build my life.


In time, I was blessed to marry a man who exemplified so many of the wonderful qualities my dad had. Now my daughters have a Daddy who teaches them all the great lessons I received from my beloved Daddy.

So, in honor of this Sunday's upcoming Father's Day... I have a wish for all the Daddies out there, including mine in Heaven and my children's ... All of you who keep working hard to take care of your family, to teach them valuable lessons, who play and have fun, and work and love and support those who love you so much...

I wish for you to know how loved you are, and for you to be celebrated on this special day that was set aside just for you. Kick back, relax, and let yourselves be spoiled rotten by your families. And have a VERY Happy Father's Day!!!!!!

1 comments:

Charles62 said...

Happy Father's DAY =)