Thursday, August 18, 2011

Beginning of the end...

It seems like yesterday but was really 13 short years ago, I took my heart in my hands and saw my first "baby" off to school. Part of me felt like my heart would break. Part of me couldn't wait to hear about her adventures and new friends; or to see that first school year through her eyes.
Today I felt the same way.... Today was the first day of Amanda's last year of High School. Again, part of me feels as if my heart will break. Part of me can't wait to hear about her adventures and new friends; or to see the final year of High School through her eyes.



This year seems to be about beginnings and endings.

This year is also a beginning and ending for our Jackie. This week marked the start of Jackie's final year of Middle School. After this year, she will be a High School student. Again, I find myself torn between the bittersweet and being eager to see this experience from Jackie's unique perspective.



There go my babies...
taking wing and flying from the nest.

This day has come much quicker than I like. Still, I look back without regret and forward with eagerness to see what other adventures lie in store. Being "the Mom" has been the biggest adventure of my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Given all that is past, I can only look forward with anticipation for what lies ahead.

Let the adventures continue...

Hang onto your hats,

it's gonna be one heck of a ride!!!

0 comments: