Wednesday, February 25, 2015

It's been 12 years...

Twelve years ago, February 24, 2003, our beloved Daddy and Bonpa passed away.

Dad was many things... 

A loving and devoted husband...


His was the example I looked to when I dreamed of the kind of man I wanted to marry. Daddy loved Mom with all his heart and treated her like she was the Queen of the Universe.

Dad was a man of honor and duty. He gave his love, duty, and devotion in the service of this great Nation that he loved and fought for.


He absolutely adored his grandchildren and was so proud and happy to be their "Bonpa".


To me, he was my Daddy...the first man I ever loved. He was my rock and my example of so many things. I learned so much just by being his daughter and watching him live a life of honor and service. One thing I admired most about him was how very much he wanted to serve our Heavenly Father. 

He had a wonderful sense of humor and could tell the BEST stories. He knew how to meet people and how to make them feel special and important. It's been said that "Dad never knew a stranger". That was so true. After spending five minutes with him you felt like you'd known him forever.

Everyday of my life I have tried to live so as to make him proud. His opinion mattered to me, so much. He taught me honesty and integrity because that's how he lived. 

I miss him everyday. But I am so grateful for the legacy he left me and which I can pass on to my children.


I love you, Daddy. I miss you everyday!

0 comments: