Saturday, February 17, 2018

Seeing me...

The other day, I was shopping online for a new swim suit. Amanda was helping me because I tend to stick with the same (boring - according to my girls...lol) style. 



As we shopped, Mandy would point out suits that she thought I'd look good in. Frequently, I had to say, "No, that wouldn't work." When she asked why not, I had to explain that there are parts of my anatomy that don't fit certain kinds of suits; due to my large size tummy.

After about five or more times of having this conversation, I thought she was maybe getting frustrated with me; so I apologized for repeating myself. At that point, Amanda said something that was profound and immensely touching. She said, "Mom, I'm sorry. When I look at you, I don't see those things. I just see YOU!!" WOW!

The only other person who has truly seen me this way - into my heart - through my soul; is Kevin. I thought him loving me this way was a precious gift. Certainly one I'm not at all sure I have earned.

Now, I see that I have been given this gift twice. I can't think of one thing I've done in this life to deserve such an amazing blessing. Maybe I was REALLY good in the pre-existence. All I know is that I am grateful beyond my ability to express.

So, thank you, Amanda - even though those words seem inadequate to express what is overflowing in my heart right now. I want you to know that I "see" you, too.



I love you!

Love, Mom


0 comments: