Friday, October 16, 2009

Finding Joy in Her Journey...

It seems like yesterday that Kevin and I walked into a conference room in the Salem Offices of LDS Family Services. We had tried to have children for almost six years. This was the answer to many heart-felt and tearful prayers. In the corner of this HUGE conference room was a wooden cradle with a tiny pink bundle snuggled in the middle of it. I told Kevin to pick her up because I was almost afraid to touch her. After so many years of waiting, praying, and hoping; I was afraid I would wake up and find I'd dreamed it all. Kev very carefully and tenderly lifted the corner of that pink blanket and we got our first glimpse of the angel-girl who would change our lives forever.


My spirit recognized her at once...as if it said: "Oh, THERE you are!!! I've been waiting for you to come!!!". That was 16 years ago. What an amazing journey it's been. She changed us...she made us better. She taught us the meaning of unconditional love. She was a gift from our Heavenly Father. That was why we gave her the middle name "Noelle" as a reminder of another precious gift from our Heavenly Father. Amanda Noelle Webster...our first baby...our angel-girl.















It's your "Sweet-Sixteen" Birthday, Amanda!! Thanks for all the blessings you've brought to our lives! We love you!! Happy Birthday, Angel-girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Amanda!!!!
Love Jade n Dianna

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how big she is!! Happy Birthday

ShelBailey said...

Wow, what a cutie. I remember hearing about the adoption from you.... hard to believe it's been that long.

My Meggie's middle name is Noel, also. She was born on Christmas Eve, and is still our favorite Christmas gift!

Happy birthday, Amanda!