Wednesday, April 7, 2010

An Interesting Day!

I started the day by driving up to Murray, UT with Jackie; to meet my cousin, Vergene Walker. Vergene is my Grandma's niece and a sweet lady. She recently found some fabric and things from my Grandma and wanted to share them with us. That is a blog and pictures for another day. I am SO excited to take pictures of these treasures and write about them!!! I am thrilled that I had the opportunity to reconnect with this part of my family and heritage.

When we got home, Jackie kidnapped me for a mini-road-trip...just the two of us. *and I was a very willing victim* We laughed, told funny stories, rocked out to the music of Jackie's favorite station, and took a TON of pictures! All in all, we had a great time! Here's how the day went:


We started at Micky D's for something to drink on the way!



Next we stopped to take pictures by Utah Lake:


Here's the road we were on:

We found a BIG rock to look at:


Singing in invisible microphones:

We found railroad tracks to nowhere:


...Abandoned buildings:


From the Temple...past the cowboy...and the pool hall...our trip covered all the bases:



We finally stopped

...at "Sub Zero" for...

Ice cream to take home to the family!

All in a day's work for the Dynamic Duo!

0 comments: