Monday, July 19, 2010

Gratitude...

Every July since we moved here to Utah, we've had a "Thanksgiving-in-July" celebration. It's our way of remembering that we can be thankful throughout the year, not just in November. This past Sunday was our "Thanksgiving in July" feast!

Interestingly enough, the lesson I taught my Primary class was on "Gratitude"...go figure. haha

So, all this celebrating got me thinking...what AM I thankful for, anyway? My list could go on and on, and then you'd get bored and quit reading. So, here's the short list...The Gospel, Kevin, my beautiful, funny, sweet, daughters, and family...Those are the top ranking blessings. ...but as my family would tell you, I LOVE flowers - fancy flowers, exotic flowers, plain flowers, simple flowers...you name it, I LOVE them. So, as I sat on my patio, this "Thanksgiving in July" evening, among the beautiful flowers I have tenderly planted, loved and nurtured; I gave thanks for flowers.

Thanks to Heavenly Father for all the wonderful things in my life!
...including flowers.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet the fragrance is wonderful!/d