Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I wanted children...

...and after 6 years of trying, we got the first one! We were so happy when we adopted Amanda!!! What a gift and a treasure she's been! Three years later, we started trying again... Infertility treatments didn't work, so we went with adoption again. For two years, Mandy prayed for a baby-sister. NOT a brother, but a sister. I was voting for a boy, but guess who Heavenly Father listened to? NOT me! ...SO along came Jackie...our two-year-old pixie with bright green fairy-eyes.


Now it's almost time for Jackie's 14th Birthday. She won't be here for her birthday, because she's at Girls' Camp with her sister and a few hundred other young women (and their very brave and faithful leaders). So, I'm at home...in my too-quiet house...thinking about wanting my children.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the break (mostly). But I've been thinking about how I wanted children. Now that I have them, I enjoy them. They drive me nuts, hurt my feelings, worry me 'til my hair turns gray, but I enjoy them.

I love how Amanda tries to see the good in everyone.

I love how Jackie leaps at life with all her heart and soul.

I love seeing life through the unique and wonderful perspective of their eyes.

My children are away at camp...I hope with all my heart that they're having a wonderful time. I'm getting lots done and enjoying my "me-time"; BUT I miss my kids.

I'm glad I wanted children enough to go through everything it took to get them to our family.



I miss my girls!

0 comments: