Thursday, March 17, 2011

Precious Moments...

Sometimes it's the little things that happen each day that make that day exemplary. Tuesday night it was the discussion we had over dinner. It probably didn't seem like much to the kids, but the conversation presented many opportunities for Kev and I to teach our children correct principles...without making a big "teaching moment" out of it.

Tonight, after Kev and I put away the last of our clean laundry, Jackie popped into our room to "chat". Again, the conversation turned to topics that allowed us to reinforce correct principles without coming across too "preachy" or "heavy". I consider these moments some of Heavenly Father's "tender mercies"; where we are given the opportunity to guide our children without seeming too pushy about it. Jackie & Manda probably didn't notice too much, but Kevin and I both recognized Heavenly Father's hand in these "parenting-moments" in otherwise ordinary days.

Here's another "tender mercy" moment from the Webster-archives... A Sunday outing to Temple Square. The bag contains lunches that the girls made so they could give food to the homeless people in the area.

In this picture, the girls are heading for a homeless man sitting next to the wall ahead of them. It's one of my favorite memories...

I LOVE my kids...and I LOVE being "The Mom".

0 comments: