Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year - New Beginnings...

I know I said this in my last post, but...Happy New Year!!!

I love celebrating the New Year!  It's like opening a brand new book or pulling out a fresh sheet of paper to write on, or starting a new project....it's all about possibilities.  I'm all about possibilities! I look at people, and I see potential and good possibilities! It makes me happy!

For me, the New Year is about choice. It's an opportunity for me to openly and HONESTLY reflect on my life, my character, and my choices from the year before (or from the years before). In that open and HONEST reflection, I try to let go of things I don't like. Things that cause me (or someone else) hurt or discomfort. Things that are preventing me from becoming the daughter of God my Heavenly Father would like me to be. 

Sometimes that HONEST reflection is painful. It's in our human-nature not to like criticism, even self-criticism. But the ability to see ourselves as we truly are, be honest about it, and make it better is - I believe - one of the main reasons we come to this earth. So for me, the New Year provides me an opportunity to become better.

The nice thing is that Heavenly Father does NOT expect us to become better all at once. Thank goodness!!!  Line upon line, here a little, there a little - steady upward progress is what He looks for. 

So it's the New year! Let's evaluate ourselves and see what we can shed. Get rid of things that bring you down and make you sad. Let go of anger, negativity, and sadness. Shed some baggage, shed some pounds! lol It doesn't have to be a HUGE thing, just change one thing, stick with it, and see how much better you feel. 

Do you want to lose weight? Change something about how you eat or drink. Cut out one soda a day and drink water instead - or make it two! You want to feel productive? Learn a new skill, develop a new hobby, or volunteer. Serving others is a great way to feel better!  Are you depressed, anxious, or sad??? Get help!!! Let go of the things in your past that drag you down. Learn from what you've experienced and move on to a lighter, happier you! If you can't do it yourself, find professional help that REALLY helps! 

Embrace the possibilities! Embrace the New Year! Go out there and make a happy, healthy, wonderful life for you! It's your choice! Choose to be happy!  ...and have a wonderful new beginning of a WONDERFUL New Year!  

Love to you all!!!!

0 comments: