Sunday, June 7, 2020

Where Can We Turn for Peace?

Through the open window lightning flashed, thunder boomed! Sirens wailed, helicopters rumbled overhead! Someone was in trouble! Chaos seemed to rage all around.

Inside our cozy cottage nestled in the foothills, it was peaceful and serene.  We had just finished our "At Home" Sacrament Meeting. For the moment, it seemed as if we stood on Hallowed Ground.

The contrast between the world outside my window and the serenity of my home got me thinking. Where DO we turn for peace?

For me, as I'm sure you all know by now; I turn to the Gospel and my faith in Jesus Christ.  One of my favorite Hymns is "Where Can I Turn For Peace?"

Where can I turn for peace?
Where is my solace when other sources cease to make me whole?
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice, I draw myself apart, searching my soul?

Where, when my aching grows, where, when I languish, where, in my need to know, where can I turn? Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish? Who, who can understand? He, only One.

He answers privately, reaches my reaching in my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend. Gentle the peace He finds for my beseeching. Constant He is and kind, Love without end.



But that's me...

Where do YOU turn for peace?

For many people, it's a place to go...








For others, it's something to do or create...








Or maybe it's something physical... Or a combination of any or all of these?






Whatever it is...wherever it is...may we each turn from the divisiveness, anger, and malice that seems to infect society all around us. May we find our peace and then share that with others by radiating that peace through kindness and positive attitudes.  Whether you believe as I do or not, Jesus Christ is STILL a perfect example of sharing peace...as the song says... "Constant He is, and kind, Love without end..." 

May we all strive to be likewise and share the peace we find - however we find it.

Ok, that's the end of my Sunday-musings...

Have a great (peaceful) week y'all. 

Love you,

Netty

0 comments: