Sunday, February 14, 2021

Lover's Holiday?


...or Holiday of Love?

I've been thinking about Valentine's Day the last few weeks. I pondered about what it means to me and my sweetheart. I thought about what a blessing it is and has been to have Kevin be my Valentine for the last 33 years. He truly is my heart and the love of my life.


Thinking about my Sweetheart led me to think about those who might be missing theirs. Whether by divorce, death, or simply not meeting them yet, there are those who feel the ache of empty arms - especially on this "lover's holiday". 


Long before I had a sweetheart to celebrate with on Valentine's Day, I stopped thinking of it as a "lover's holiday", and started thinking of it  as a day to celebrate the love in our lives. With that idea in mind, I would take the time in February to appreciate those who brought so much love in my life - my parents and siblings, good friends, and most of all my Savior, Jesus Christ.


Today in Relief Society, the teacher said "Jesus Christ is the ultimate Valentine." I LOVE that!!! 


John 3:16 says: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

In John 15:13-14, we read: "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends..."


If you are looking for love in your life, look no further than our beloved Savior, Jesus Christ. No one else could know you so perfectly or love you so completely as He who bore your sins, sorrows, grief, pain, and loss. People come and go in our lives - for whatever reason. Jesus never, NEVER leaves us.

So to all who may read this post, Happy Valentine's day, from me and from your perfect, forever Valentine, Jesus Christ.













0 comments: