Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day...

On Father's Day, it's only natural to think about your dad and what he means to you. I had a great Daddy. He was big and warm and cuddly. No matter what was broken, it always seemed as if Dad could fix it. From broken toys and bikes to broken cars and hearts; Dad always seemed to know what to do. Most of the things I value most, I learned from my Dad. He spent 20 years in the Air Force and taught me the meaning of duty, honor, and love of country.


He and my mom allowed me to learn the Gospel and join the Church. Honesty and integrity are words whose meaning I learned from watching my Dad. When it came time for me to marry my sweetheart, my dad gave us counsel that we've used to make a good marriage and relationship that have only gotten stronger over the last 19 years. I love my dad, and have missed him everyday since he passed away in 2003. He's not here in person, but his memory lives in my heart.

Father's Day also makes me think of the father of my children. I am so blessed to be married to my best friend. Kevin is the love of my life. He's a good, honest, honorable man, and everything I hoped for in a husband and a father.



As a Daddy, Kevin always tries to do what's right for our girls. I know I can always use his actions as an example of good behavior. Still, he knows how to play and be silly, so the girls have fun with their Daddy.



If I had a wish for my girls, it would be that when they look back on their lives, they will feel about their Daddy the way I feel about mine. And when they get married, they'll marry men who will be as wonderful to them as their Daddy has been for me.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads and Grandpas out there. We hope you know how much you are loved and appreciated; and how much you bless our lives. We love you!

0 comments: