Tuesday, January 12, 2010

For the Strength of Youth...

The new theme for the Youth of our Church, this year is taken from the scripture in Joshua 1:9 in the Bible. It says:

"...Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

As the Mother of two teen-age girls, I know this can be a scary time for Youth and Young Adults. All around us, the world offers temptations to draw us away from our Heavenly Father. These temptations entice us and lure us farther and farther away from the knowledge of who we are and who our Heavenly Father wishes us to be. In the booklet "For the Strength of Youth", the First Presidency of the LDS Church speaks directly to the Youth of the world. They say, in part:

"You are choice spirits who have come forth in this day when the responsibilities and opportunities, as well as the temptations are the greatest. You are at the beginning of your journey through this mortal life. Your Heavenly Father wants your life to be joyful and to lead you back into His presence. The decisions you make now will determine much of what will follow during your life and throughout eternity. Because the Lord loves you, He has given you commandments and the words of prophets to guide you on your journey."

I just watched the video "A Brand New Year 2010" where youth from around the world bear witness of the power of living the standards in "For the Strength of Youth". It can be viewed at the website designed just for the Youth:
www.youth.lds.org
I was inspired by the testimonies and faithfulness of these amazing young people.

Everyday, I see my daughters and the youth around me strive to do what is right. They give me hope for our future. They strengthen my faith. They radiate the pure love of Christ as they strive to be like Him.

To my beautiful daughters and all the incredible Youth and Young Adults out there I say:

"...Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."


...and I will be there, too...

0 comments: