Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Blogging...

Ok, this is a first for me...I'm going to "blog" about blogging. Hee hee that just sounds silly. I have a few blogs that I follow regularly. I got started by reading my dear friend, Kerrianne Burch's blog, The Burch Tree. Kerri is the one who designed the banner for "Happy Acres". ' Talented' and 'gifted' describe Kerri very well.

Another blog I follow is the "Nie-Nie Diaries". If you haven't seen it, heard about it on the news (Today show and Oprah), check it out here:

www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com

Hers is an amazing story! I also follow her sister's blog, which can be seen here: blog.cjanerun.com In Cjane's blog today, she had a link to Whitney King's blog. Whitney is doing her thesis on blogging, which is what prompted this post, today.

Whitney has a questionnaire on her blog-site, regarding why we blog. Join the cause and support higher education! Go to her blog-site and fill out the form. It only takes a few minutes and will make you think of your blogging in a new light. Think of it as your good deed for the day! Did I mention that she will be giving away a gift certificate to Target? For all of you fellow-bloggers out there, here is the link to her blog-site:

www.thekingandiblog.com/p/blogging-questionnaire.html

I filled it out this morning. She had some good questions.

For me, blogging is a way of keeping in touch with family and friends when we don't live close anymore. It's better than the "once-a-year" Christmas newsletter in that we can share what's happening in our lives in more detail. I have always loved writing and am an avid journal-keeper. In a way, blogging is just a natural extension of my personal journal. I look at it as a "family-history-journal".

Anyways, check out Whitney's questionnaire. It's for a good cause and you might get some free shopping out of it.

PS: Spring has "officially" sprung, but Utah doesn't seem to know that. Here are some pictures from our latest family outing...




These were up American Fork Canyon. You might say, "Well, of course there's snow in the mountains." HAH!! We woke up to snowy weather AGAIN this morning. Someone needs to tell the weather that it's officially Spring!

0 comments: