Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A new favorite!!!

I have a new favorite!!! Don't quite know what to call it... Hobby? Nope, not a hobby. Interest? Well, it's interesting, but NAH! Not that, either. Leisure activity??? Yeah! THAT'S IT!!!

Mandy is in drama-class at school. As part of her grade, she has to see a play, live in a theater and do a report on it. In trying to help her get the credits she needed, I researched community theatre in our area and found a gem:

The Hale Center Theatre in Orem!!!

It's a theatre in the round, so everyone has a good seat. It's small and intimate, so you almost feel like you're part of the production.

Tonight I took the girls to see ...

"Dirty, Rotten Scoundrels".

All three of us LOVED it!!!!!!

Amanda found a new favorite actor, and even got his autograph! I have to say, she has good taste! He was pretty cute, and really did an amazing job!


This is one place we'll have to come again!

What a great evening!

2 comments:

Jamie Taylor said...

I have to admit that I share your favorite. We have a Hale Center Theater here in Gilbert as well. It is awesome! We saw our first comedy last month. We usually go to the musicals (my parents have season tickets) but it was fun to see something different that I didn't already know all the words to. :) It was Beau Jest. What a treat! So glad you found that gem! It's awesome!

Shel said...

The Hale Center theater in Gilbert is built right over where the little house my mama was born in used to be. We figured she was born about enter stage, lol.

I loved the Hale when I lived in Utah. My parents would come up for a week and we'd see whatever was at Sundance (sometimes there were two different productions) and whatever was at Hale.