Monday, October 17, 2011

Eighteen Years ago...

...a miracle occured...

A truly courageous woman gave birth to a beautiful, tiny, dark-haired angel-girl. She called her "Sarah". This amazing woman had 24 precious hours with this little bundle of joy. During that time, she sang to 'Sarah' and told her the story of her (Sarah's) life, so far. 24 short hours later, this valiant, courageous woman generously gave 'Sarah' to the LDS Family Services adoption counselors. Who in turn handed her to me and Kevin.

Everyday, for the past eighteen years, I have thanked my Heavenly Father for the miracle we call Amanda. Everyday I have thanked my Heavenly Father for the selfless woman who gave her life and answered our prayers.

October 18, 2011 is Amanda's 18th Birthday. As we celebrate the wonderful young woman our daughter is becoming, I pray that her birth-mother will feel peace in knowing she did the right thing...and I pray that she has been blessed for the choice she made.

She certainly blessed our lives and I can never thank her enough.


Happy Birthday to my "Angel-Girl"! I'm so grateful I get to be your Mommy and so proud to call you my friend. I love you more than words can tell!!!

2 comments:

WozniakGirl said...

That is so sweet! Amanda is lucky to have you and Kevin as parents! You have done great things and have been an excellent mom along the way!

Sheryl C said...

How beautiful and precious. I remember your anguish and sorrow when you were unable to have a baby of your own. What a blessing to be able to recieve such a beautiful person. Happy Birthday to your beautiful young woman. Congratulations Mom on your wonderful gift. Love you, :) Sheri