Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving...

Counting blessings is something I try to do everyday, not just on Thanksgiving. Today is also Kevin's 50th Birthday! This year, I have so much to be thankful for. Our family has been through quite a bit....mostly because of me.

I am grateful that I still get to be here on this earth. I am grateful for my wonderful family. Kevin is not a perfect man, but he is perfect for me. He has helped me and been there for me through thick and thin. He's a great dad and an incredible husband. He is quite simply, the love of my life.

I am grateful for my two incredible daughters. They are the joy of my life. They make me laugh, they keep me awake at night (for SO many reasons), they help me stay young, they inspire me, and they bring me joy. Getting to see life through their eyes is a gift and a blessing. I love my girls.

I am grateful for my extended family...those who live with me, and those who are far away. They have all enriched my life more than I can say.

I am grateful for a physical body. It's a miracle and a gift from Heavenly Father. I am grateful for medical science and all the doctors and nurses who have kept me alive and helped me get healthy again. I am grateful for every breath I take.

I am grateful for a warm, cozy home and the haven and shelter that it is! I am grateful for the food we have to eat. Today especially I am grateful for food! In these economic times, I am grateful for work and the living that Kevin provides for our family.

I am grateful for family traditions...today especially; as we sit as a family and watch the "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade". I remember doing this when I was a kid...now my kids wouldn't miss it! It wouldn't feel like Thanksgiving without it!

Most of all, I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know He lived and died to teach and bless all mankind. He atoned for my sins and because of Him I know I can live again with my family and my Heavenly Father again.

I am grateful for my life and all the joy, trials, gifts and blessings that make up this crazy, wonderful, existence I have here at Happy Acres.

God bless you all, and Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: