Friday, February 24, 2012

Not a day goes by...


that I don't think of him... 9 years ago, today...we lost our beloved Daddy. Last night, as I was thinking about the significance of today, the words to a song by "Lonestar" came to my mind... I'm paraphrasing them, but it seemed to fit how I'm feeling, so I'm sharing with you.

"Not a Day Goes By"
Got a picture of you, I carry in my heart
Close my eyes to see it when the world goes dark.
Got a memory of you, I carry in my soul
I wrap it close around me when life seems cold.
If you asked me how I'm doin', I'd say just fine
But the truth is Daddy, if you could read my mind...

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you
After all this time you're still with me, it's true
Somehow you remain, kept so deep inside
Oh Daddy, not a day goes by..."

We were truly blessed to have such a good father. He was a man of honor and duty. He lived what he believed and taught us to do the same. He loved our mother and taught us the value of love and marriage and keeping both together. He worked hard and taught us how to do that, too. Oh, but he knew how to play and tease and joke. His was the whacky sense of humor that we've all seemed to inherit. He LOVED people. He loved meeting new people and finding common ground. At his funeral it was said of him that "Dad never knew a stranger". That's because within 5 minutes of meeting him, you didn't feel like a stranger anymore.



He wasn't perfect, but he was
the perfect Daddy for me.
He was the first man I ever loved
and I love him still.


1 comments:

Jamie Taylor said...

Annette, I love the posts about your dad. He sounds like such an neat guy. And I LOVE this song that you posted. So beautiful.