Thursday, January 17, 2013

More progress!

I just wanted to update you on my weight loss/fitness progress. Today I was weighed and measured.  I have lost 15 pounds all together, and another 5 pounds of fat.  My total body fat percentage has come down by almost 10%. Last week my trainer and I set a goal for me to increase my cardio time to 40 minutes from 35. That's 40 minutes with my heart rate up to its calorie-burning level. Today I achieved that goal!!!!

This is what 5lbs of fat vs. 5 lbs of muscle looks like.  ICK!
I wish I had better words to help you understand how this feels.  I feel AMAZING!  I have more energy, I don't feel sick or run-down all the time.  I hurt, but it's a good kind of muscle-hurt, not an achy over-burdened, out-of-shape kind of hurt.  I go to the gym and am constantly amazed at what my body can do.  So far, I have been able to do everything my trainer has required of me.  I'm not saying it's been easy, 'cause it's not.  I'm just getting so much stronger everyday.  When I look at where I was when I started this three months ago, and compare it to how I feel now; I am astonished!

Once again, I am overwhelmed by the love and support I am receiving.  I couldn't continue without it.  I am especially thankful to Jerry (my trainer), Kevin, and our girls for all their cheer-leading and encouragement.  Most of all I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for hearing and answering my prayers.  You have no idea how often I pray for the strength to get on that treadmill and keep walking! 

0 comments: