Monday, January 28, 2013

We laughed, we cried, we applauded in our hearts....(in the chapel, it's not considered reverent to applaud out loud).  She was as wonderful as we anticipated, and she helped the Spirit heal our wounded hearts.  This Saturday, Hilary Weeks spoke to our Stake Relief Society (Church women's group) Conference.

She sang, and spoke, and made us think and ponder. Sister Weeks has a gift of helping you see Heavenly Father's love for you, and bringing you closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ. At our house, it had been the week from Hell! Kevin and I felt like human punching-bags. Life would hit us with one knock-out punch and as we'd rise, reeling from one, we'd be hit with another. It wasn't anything life-threatening, just life's challenging moments. However, they just seemed to come right on top of each other, so we never had a second to catch our breath. By Saturday morning, we both felt like ducking for cover and cringing as we waited for the next blow to fall. Either that, or hiding under the covers like children frightened in the dark at night. But, Kevin had a lesson to finish for Church the next day, and I had promised to take Mandy and Debra to Relief Society Conference. Even after we got there, I was sorely tempted to just drop them off and tell them I'd pick them up when it was done. I am so grateful that I stayed. It was crowded, and we couldn't get seats all together. I can't say I was in the most comfortable seat in the house, but it was so worth it! I don't have words to say how grateful I am. For Sister Weeks who took time out of her Saturday to share her gift with us. For the wonderful women who were there and lent their sweetness to the spirit of the day. Especially for a loving Father in Heaven who knows my heart and fills my needs even before I even realize what they are. He hears the silent prayers in my heart and in answering them, fills me with peace. By the time I got home, I was at peace and Heavenly Father had worked His magic on Kevin's heart as he prepared his lesson for the next day; so he was at peace as well.  The challenges haven't gone away, but our ability to handle them has increased.  With Heavenly Father in our corner, we can handle whatever comes next. I am and will be, forever grateful!

0 comments: