Friday, October 4, 2013

Twice a year!!!

The first weekend of each April and October is General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Those are also my very favorite weekends of the year!!!



Twice on each Saturday and Sunday of those weekends, we get to listen to our Church leaders teach us the doctrines of the Gospel and how to apply them in our lives.  They are inspiring and uplifting.  I always come away feeling full to overflowing with hope and optimism for my continuing journey through life.

Here in Utah, we get to watch these sessions of Conference on TV from the comfort of our own living room! We lovingly refer to this as "jammie-church".  We get to be comfy and cozy (often in our PJ's) to watch, listen and learn.  Usually we accompany this with yummy food, so there is a definite celebratory feeling to the entire weekend.  Other people get to go to the Conference Center in Salt Lake City to watch it live.  



Still others attend at their various meeting-houses and watch via satellite.

However, even if I had to dress in Church-clothes and go to a Chapel to watch and listen to Conference, it would still be my favorite time!  More than anything, I love how I feel after Conference weekend: uplifted, inspired, and loved by my Heavenly Father!

If you're interested in watching or learning more, please feel free to go to www.lds.org or www.mormon.org for more information.  We love to share those things that make us so happy!

0 comments: