Thursday, December 24, 2015

We talk of Christ..

This past Sunday, our Bishop quoted a scripture that got me pondering this Christmas season and what it means to me.  It happens to be one of my favorites, (I have many...lol) and it is one that formed the foundation of how Kevin and I tried to raise our children.

2 Nephi 25:26 -

"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophesies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." 

To me, Christmas is a celebration of Jesus Christ. His birth heralded the beginning of the greatest gift mankind would ever receive. It is the most beautiful story I have ever heard. It has been the focal point of our Christmas celebrations since Kevin and I started our married life. Because it brings us such joy - as we rejoice in Christ - we have taught this story to our children. We did this so that they could know "to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." 

Now our children are married and starting their own lives and traditions. I hope with all my heart that they take the things they learned here at home as we "talked of Christ" and use them to begin the foundation of a family that will be strong and steadfast in the Gospel. But also a family that will approach each Christmas Season with joy in their hearts as they too, "rejoice in Christ".

Today is Christmas Eve. Tonight, we will gather with family and friends. We will talk of Christ and His birth. We will tell, again, the beautiful story of the Nativity. We will soak-in the wonder, magic and majesty of that long-ago night in Bethlehem.  I think, as I look around me and see those I love most enjoying the sweetness of this precious time together; I will, as Mary of old, keep these things, and ponder them in my heart... 


From all of us here at "Happy Acres"...Merry Christmas! 





0 comments: