Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Love and Romance...

What does that mean to you? I think it may mean something a little different to everyone. Let me share an example of it that happened to me...

Last month, after our 21st Wedding Anniversay, Kevin informed me that he wanted to take me on a weekend get-a-way. This past weekend, we ran away to Park City, UT. Neither of us had ever been, so it was an adventure.


High in the Wasatch Mountains, surrounded by aspen and pine forested peaks, Park City is picturesque and lovely. We wandered the shops and galleries on Main Street the first afternoon. What amazing art and creativity we saw. Strolling hand-in-hand, we chatted about nothing urgent and enjoyed watching the other tourists who meandered with us.

That night, we went to the "Grub Steak", a wonderful steak house with live entertainment. Again, we talked and talked and talked feasting on a delicious dinner while the singer serenaded us with some of our favorite songs. It was just about perfect.

The next morning, we set out for a leisurely trip home. We went up the mountain behind Park City...right to the top.



As we started down the far side, towards Heber,

...the pavement ended, and we discovered "the road less traveled"...

...which we took and discovered hidden treasures...which "made all the difference"

Once in Heber, the storm (which had been brewing all day...) blew in.

Which made the prospect of Provo Canyon a little daunting, so we stayed in Heber to admire the architecture...which made us feel like we were back in Switzerland...



...OR France...

While we were touring some of the neighborhoods, looking at the unique houses, Kevin turned to me and said, "I'm so glad you like doing this with me...

Love and Romance... This weekend, to me, it meant being with my best friend, feeling the deep, abiding love we share get stronger. It didn't matter if we were at a romantic restaurant or taking the "road less traveled"; we were together...

...and THAT made all the difference.

1 comments:

Jamie Taylor said...

I am sorry I don't comment very often, but this was a beautiful post. You have a way of wording things that is just special. I love that you guys had a good time, and I also LOVED the pictures you took! The architecture ones were amazing! Who knew that was right there in Utah? And the greenery. Ugh! We need to come visit. ('Cause you don't see a lot of that down here where we live.) Thanks for the post. It was beautiful!