Saturday, September 26, 2009

Drop by drop...

Today I had an adventure that ended in a Spiritual Feast! At the end of every September, the General Relief Society meeting comes around and I miss it. I end up having to read it in the "Ensign", or watch it later, via the internet. This year, I was determined not only NOT to miss it, but to be there in person. With that in mind, when the opportunity came to get tickets, I jumped at the chance!

With my sweet, patient sister-in-law, Debra bravely accompanying me, I set off!
(Anyone who knows how directionally handicapped I am understands why Debra had to be brave to accompany me on this adventure!)



We drove up to Sandy, UT to catch the commuter train into Salt Lake.

The General Relief Society Presidency spoke, along with President Eyring of the First Presidency. What a spiritual feast we enjoyed. Debra was amazed at how quiet and reverent it was even with the Conference Center full. President Eyring reminded us of the Relief Society Motto:

Sister Beck and her Presidency issued a call to serve that seemed to light everyone with enthusiasm. Truly, drop by drop, our spiritual lamps were filled with the oil of faith and testimony
.


Like the woman at the well, I feel as if I have drunk that living water which can flood through our souls as we worship the Father,and I feel as if I will thirst no more...



Have I mentioned??? I LOVE where I LIVE!!!!!!

0 comments: