Saturday, May 8, 2010

It seems like a long time ago...

I decided that what I wanted to be when I grew up, was a "Mommy". In time, I got married to a wonderful man, and we planned on having at least six children. To make a LONG story short, that didn't happen. After years of trying, we were blessed to adopt a beautiful baby-girl. Amanda was a gift and blessing in every way possible. (She still is.)

Five years later, through Divine Intervention and after 2 years of Amanda's CONSTANT prayers for a baby-sister; we were blessed to adopt ANOTHER beautiful little girl. Jackie was a little ray of sunshine...(She STILL is, too.)




As we think about Mothers and Motherhood this weekend, my heart is full. I think of the Mothers who came before me with gratitude and reverence. I think of my own sweet Mother-in-law whom we are blessed to have living with us. Then I think of the birth-mothers of my children. For all these amazing and wonderful women, I give thanks this day.

You've all given me a legacy and gift I will treasure always.



Happy Mother's Day!!!!

0 comments: