Sunday, September 14, 2014

Beautiful Heartbreak - Hilary Weeks - Every Step



I had a conversation with a friend today. She was asking me about health-issues. She expressed sympathy and even sorrow that I had to endure what I've been going through. I think my response surprised her. It surprised me at how very deeply & sincerely I meant it. I told her that I was ok. That I knew that this was something I had to go through. I believe that Heavenly Father allows us to experience hardship so that we can learn lessons in life that we might not learn any other way and also, to grow and develop in ways we might not be able to otherwise. It's an opportunity for us to become who we're supposed to become. My friend said "Wow, Annette...you have so much more faith than I do." I don't know about having more faith than my friend...she's pretty darned amazing. This is what I do know...

I know what I want most, and that is to return and live with my Heavenly Father again. Given that desire, I am willing to do whatever He deems necessary for me to get there. I know that He knows the best way for me to get back to Him. I know that He has a plan for me and my life. My task then, is to follow that plan, be obedient, and go home when my time on earth is finished. Hopefully I will be blessed to hear Him say: "Well done, thou good and faithful servant - enter into the rest of the Lord".


Honestly, any price I had to pay to hear that welcome home, and "see that view" would be worth it. Sometimes it IS a beautiful heart-ache - it's not easy, but it's always worth it!

0 comments: