Saturday, October 20, 2007

Memories and other stuff...

It's amazing how the silliest things will take you back in time.

I was hunting through some papers of my Dad's; for something completely unrelated to his Air Force career, and came across an entire file he'd kept devoted to his service in the military. Bear in mind that Dad retired from the Air Force in 1978, after serving with honor for 20 years. It is now almost 30 years later (Wow, am I really THAT old???) and I still have these files. I must have inherited Dad's pack-rat gene... Nope, that was Caline, (my sister) That's why she's an antique dealer.

Anyways...I've digressed. While browsing through this file, I found three of Dad's official Air Force Photo's. Kind of like the annual school photos our kids get. The first is of Dad as a brand-new, shiny 1st Lieutenant. The second is of Dad as a serious Captain. The third is of Dad as a seasoned, experienced Major. These pictures span 21 years and represent a lifetime of devotion and service. Mostly, they represent how I remember Dad best.

Enjoy...I know I did!

1st Lieutenant Donald G. Barbezat (July 1960)


Captain Donald G. Barbezat (January 1966)


Major Donald G. Barbezat (Retired)(September 1981)

0 comments: